Interested in purchasing a designated heritage property? Get in touch with us to learn about the benefits and responsibilities that come with designation. To arrange viewings or for other questions, please contact listing agents or owners via the links below.
Angel House, located on Hamilton Avenue in the west end of St. John’s, is a two storey, timber framed house built in the Second Empire style. Built in 1879-1880, Angel House was the ancestral home of the Angel family until 1997. The designation includes the house, carriage house, stable, grounds and the iron fence that delimits the property.
Cable Staff House #1 & #2 was built by the Anglo-American Cable Company in 1882 to accommodate employees of the cable station in Heart’s Content, NL. Cable Staff House #1 & #2 is a two storey house with a mansard roof built in the Second Empire Style. The designation is confined to the footprint of the building.
Temperance Street Houses Registered Heritage Structure, St. John’s (NOTE: #31 only is for sale)
The Temperance Street Houses (also known as the Four Sisters and the Samuel Garrett Houses) are located at 31, 35 and 37 Temperance Street, St. John’s, NL. The stone, three-storey row houses are built on a steep hill and slope down toward St. John’s Harbour. The designation is confined to the footprints of three of the buildings.
Greenspond Courthouse is a wooden two-storey courthouse built in the Second Empire Style. Designed by architect William Henry Churchill, the courthouse sits atop a hill overlooking Greenspond, NL. The designation is confined to the footprint of the building.
Pickersgill Premises includes two two-storey, early 20th century, steep gable style houses, two stores, a stable and an outhouse. This grouping of buildings is located in Salvage, NL. The designation includes two houses and all outbuildings on the property.